Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Courage enough to experiement

Woo Hoo!! My experiment worked! I wanted to sculpt combining copper & bronze clay but the properties & firing are so different that I wasn't sure if it was possible. So I made these cute houses with a copper backplate & then using copper paste that I made I attached the roof, chimney, door & window made from bronze. I waited impatiently for 5 hours as they sat in the Kiln during the firing process.....held my breath as I removed them from the kiln and had a Cheshire cat grin on my face when I realized it worked! Now I can create pieces combining copper & bronze without soldering. Awwww, I so love it when another door opens into the world of creating.

(Sorry the pic is sideways.  For some reason I could not get it to rotate.....dumb computer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment