Thursday, July 12, 2012

One project done....another started

I am very happy on how my "Moonlight Walk" pendant turned out.  I used a jeweler's saw to saw out the bird from bronze sheet and the grass from copper sheet.  I used a very rough sander on my flex shaft to give the bird "feathers" and the grass texture.  When I drew the grass onto the copper sheet I had to do it in such a way so that it would fit perfect on the sterling silver "moon" and around the bird to give the illusion that he was strolling through the grass.  I solder those pieces to the sterling silver "moon", added a handmade etched bail, and a beautiful a genuine turquoise to compliment the turquoise that I added in the necklace chain.  The patina really brings out the detail.

Now I am working on a bracelet.  I created the large links from 14 gauge sterling wire that I shaped, twisted and then soldered together.  I used 26 gauge sterling wire to add some wire wrapping around a portion of two of the links.  Now the next step is to fill the openings with colorful polymer clay and embellishments.  Check back to see the final piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment