Thursday, December 27, 2012

Defying Logic

How do I describe the month of November & December.  Stressful?  Exciting?  Stress-free?  Fun?  Challenging?  Unpredictable?  Predictable?  All of those things.

Despite the fact that I had three shows in November and two in December with travel involved, despite the fact that I lost two weeks in December with a root canal gone bad, despite the fact that I lost another week and a half with a nasty cold that popped up the night before a show, despite the fact that we hadn't really cleaned our house for 6 months but we had family coming from Washington State for a week over Thanksgiving, despite the fact that the two BIGGEST holidays over the year occur over 4 very short weeks, despite the fact that I didn't start my Christmas shopping until December 20th & with no idea of what to get anyone, & despite the fact that I was decorating my Christmas tree on Christmas EVE with a cap on my head because I finally had the time to color my hair, this holiday season was one of the better ones in my life.

I asked myself with all of the above, how can that be?  Thanksgiving and Christmas were actually stress free and sooooo much fun....how is that possible?

And then it dawned on me.  Family.  I spent an amazing week with my older son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter over Thanksgiving and I got to celebrate my granddaughter's 16th birthday WITH her.  For Christmas my younger son flew in from Louisiana and despite the fact that he arrived a day late due to flight issues and that I only got 3 days with him, it was wonderful.  Being with my children & grandchild, who live so far away, over the holidays made all that "Murphy's Law Stuff" disappear as if none of it had happened.

I know that 2013 will be a great year because 2012 ended beyond my hopes and better than I could have ever expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment