Monday, April 16, 2012

Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties---Eric Fromm




I just spent three intense full days (plus 2 hours driving to/from each day), taking a PMC (Precious Metal Clay- Fine silver & gold) certification course.  I would have preferred a regular class without a certification but I was not able to locate one close to home.  I was concerned that my skill level might not be high enough to jump into a course that certifies the student as an instructor.  The course is very intense and very specific.  But I gathered up all my courage, took the risk, took the course and.....YES!  I passed!!  I don't have any plans to teach, but the amazing amount of information I learned was worth every minute and every $ I spent on the course.  My instructor, Terry, has been working with PMC for 10 years and all I can say is the work he does is mind boggling, incredibly intricate and with detail that I have never seen in any silver jewelry.  He is the most creative person I have ever met and a fabulous instructor as well.  Now to head down yet another road in my journey as a jewelry artisan.....

No comments:

Post a Comment