Friday, March 1, 2013

A Chilly show in Florida - Really?

Yes, it's true!  It DOES get cold in Florida.  We are headed out today to do the Sarasota Wildlife Fine Art Festival located between Longboat Key & Sarasota.  The lows are going to be in the 40's & the highs only in the low 60's.  Burrrrr......  To add to that the winds are going to be 14-22 mph which means Wind Chill Factor!!  For the snow birds this will be "summer" weather and there are plenty of snow birds in the show area.  For me, I'm just happy that last week I bought a pair of fur lined boots & fleece gloves and pulled out my wooly hat from the top of my closet.

As for the show, this is their first year and a very worthy cause to raise funds for their wildlife sanctuary.   For more info, here is the link to their website:  http://www.sarasotawildlifefest.com

For me, I am very excited to be a part of something new and I created some recent pieces (pics below) around the theme of wildlife.  If any of you decide to come & check out the show, dress warm and you are welcome to come into my booth to get warm because we will have all the sides down to keep out the wind!



No comments:

Post a Comment