Friday, August 31, 2012

My hero

My Jim....my hero.  I needed an extension to my workbench to hold my drill press, rolling mill & other tools but of course as always, there are the typical limitations of space & $$$.  After searching the web & finding what I needed but the cost was in the hundreds of dollars, I smoozed my Jim and told him, "you can make me something just as good for a fraction of the price".  It took me several weeks to convince him to even consider it but he finally gave in.  I coaxed him into going to IKEA and lo and behold we found a slab of butcher block table top that was just the right size.  I told him I would buy him lunch at IKEA (a hot dog, soda, & ice cream for $3!!) and by the time we were done munching away I had him convinced he COULD do this.  Today he spent the entire day working on this table and it is PERFECT!!  And the grand total is $25 for the material, $0 for the free labor, and $3 for the lunch.  My Jim is definitely the wind beneath my wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment