Monday, September 10, 2012

A Photographer is Reborn

Years ago my hubby Jim was a "professional-wanna-be" photographer and not only did he enjoy it, but he was actually very good at it.  Of course this was in the pre-digital camera days.  I think he lost interest when 35mm film went out of style, all you had to do was buy a point-n-shoot, and your pictures were kept on a memory stick rather than a roll of film (for those of you younger than 40, you probably have no idea what film looks like or what I'm talking about but that's ok....you won't be penalized :)

When I first started making jewelry I needed pictures of each piece.  Can't afford to hire a professional photographer and why should I?  I'm married to one even if it is albeit amateur.  At first he really seemed to enjoy taking the pictures until he kept hearing from me "that's too blurry, that's too yellow, the angle is wrong, the background is too busy....blah blah blah.  Heaven help me, I even recently threatened to take the pictures myself but I think that threat was the push point I needed.

He did a little internet research (how did we survive before it??) some simple PVC pipe, some fish line, a simple box made from simple material and a couple of inexpensive lights from Home Depot and VIOLA!!!  My photographer has been reborn!!

I couldn't be more excited!  Not only do I NOT have to take over taking the photos (which we all know would have turned out so incredibly bad), but the photos he is taking are AMAZING!  My Jim is able to create photos that truly portray my work & pieces.  If you are interested in seeing the difference, just go to my website www.uniquetreasuresbydebbie.com and then compare those to what I copied below.





No comments:

Post a Comment