Thursday, September 20, 2012

Nature's Angel

"Nature's Angel"  That's what I think of when I see a butterfly and it's the perfect name for this piece I finished creating yesterday.















How I created this piece:
I created this piece by first using a jeweler's saw to carve out the butterfly from a sheet of 24 gauge sterling silver.  I textured the copper with a rolling mill and then shaped the circle back plate and the bail from a piece of 22 gauge sterling silver.  I took this piece to the soldering torch a total of 4 times so the planning had to be just right.  I soldered the bezel cups last and after all the polishing was done, I set two genuine Opals, two genuine Carnelians, and four genuine turquoise stones.  To create the necklace I used Lampwork beads, Sunstone, Swarovski crystals and sterling silver chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment